March 5, 2005

New York City!

Over Spring Break this year I was fortunate enough to get a free trip to New York City. Michael, my roommate from last year and good friend, won a free trip with our school through a raffle in a charity basketball tournament we were playing in. He was already planning to go to Florida with his family over Spring Break and asked if I was interested in going. I definitely was and am very glad now that I have gone.


I was able to see the Empire State Building and Times Square in the first night. The next day I saw the World Trade Center Ground Zero, Central Park, China Town, Wall Street and then the Broadway play that night, “Mamma Mia.” We woke up early the next morning to get a spot on Good Morning America and then spend the rest of the day on the Statue of Liberty island and Ellis Island. Then I went to see the United Nations Headquarters on my own, taking the tour and getting plenty of gifts from the gift shop. I really am lucky to have gone and really enjoyed getting to see so many historic sites, not to mention buildings like the United Nations which I have dreamt of seeing for a long time. Thank you Campbell Student Life for organizing a great trip, and thank you especially to Michael Sellers who gave his very own trip to me.