May 26, 2005

Want

I feel like I have so much to record, while I haven’t recorded anything in quite too long a time. I am now in the midst of my Princeton Review course for the MCAT, I have had my first diagnostic test to give me a “baseline score” to indicate where I stand without review of the course material. I have finished the first class on each of the six areas: general chemistry, biology, physics, organic chemistry, verbal reasoning and writing. I really am enjoying the class, which I am surprised about in many ways. The diagnostic test is identical to the real test, it lasts eight hours and takes the greater part of a Saturday. Review class is held twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm to 10pm. I have learned a lot of things in the past two weeks of work, a lot about the MCAT but a lot more about myself. I really enjoy getting ahead and yet, I do not enjoy my own slowness in working each day to do just that. It is hard to discipline yourself, to work upwards of six to eight hours a day to study. However I know I need to and more than that, I want to. I look forward to reading over this in the next week, knowing that I have given a true effort, an honest try at working during the day to review material I know, to fix mistakes I have learned from and to become the student I know I want to be.