February 19, 2006

Sychronicity

I am open to the guidance of synchronicity,
and do not let expectations hinder my path.
– Insight from the Dalai Lama (February 18th/19th)

How is it, that this was the quote for this weekend? I read it as I returned to my room (the entirety of which was post-it noted by my friends, I will write more soon) and I read it in a state of awe. I have been talking, writing, thinking and puzzling over this exact idea for the past two days. I wrote two huge entries on expectations and sychronicity last night while everyone else was asleep. I thought today, all day, about being right where I was and letting things happen as they seem to need to happen. Now, I write this after looking up the definition of sychronicity.

Sychronicity (noun) : The coincidental occurrence of events and especially psychic events (as similar thoughts in widely separated persons or a mental image of an unexpected event before it happens) that seem related but are not explained by conventional mechanisms of causality. (Webster’s)

I didn’t even know this word and it was exactly what I was talking about. Danielle, Anna and I talked about déjà vu for hours, I wrote about it for hours, I thought about it for days and I have been having more of it recently than in any time in my life. Somehow and for some reason maybe, I have been picturing myself where I am. I have been feeling coincidences over and over again and I have been experiencing myself right where I was, weird as it is. It’s exciting and it’s crazy, but it definitely feels very real. I feel like I am receiving guidance of synchronocity and somehow the less and less I let expectations hinder my path, the more and more I seem to experience every step.