March 15, 2006

My Hands

If I could tell the world just one thing it would be that we're all okay, and not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these. I won't be made useless. I won't be idle with despair. I will gather myself around my faith, for the light does the darkness most fear.

It’s hard though isn’t it? It’s hard to not worry. It’s hard to be useful and have faith without being idle in despair. For me, answering the question of “why” is very hard. It requires that I think very hard and search after the truth allowing that search to take me where it may.

Poverty stole your golden shoes but it didn't steal your laughter. And heartache came to visit me but I knew it wasn't ever after. We'll fight, not out of spite, for someone must stand up for what's right. 'Cause where there's a man who has no voice there ours shall go singing. My hands are small, I know but they’re not yours, they are my own, but they're not yours, they are my own and I am never broken.

In between all of the difficulty I think we can stand and still be ourselves, ready to help others, laugh with others and pass through our challenges to grow and become better people. It may be small, but it is in fact our potential. Our hands are small, but they are our own.

In the end only kindness matters. In the end only kindness matters. I will get down on my knees, and I will pray. I will get down on my knees, and I will pray. I will get down on my knees, and I will pray. My hands are small, I know but they're not yours, they are my own, but they're not yours, they are my own and I am never broken. My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own, but they're not yours, they are my own and I am never broken. We are never broken.

We all can work and live together searching after the goodness in all of us, the potential and great happiness that is possible within each of our lives. Kindness, in fact, seems to me, to be caring that another person finds that and helping them to.

We are God's eyes, God's hands, God's mind. We are God's eyes, God's hands, God's heart. We are God's eyes, God's hands, God's eyes. We are God's hands. We are God's hands.

(Song lyrics from Jewel's "My Hands")