August 26, 2006

Costa Rica!

On my last night in Costa Rica I turned to the first page of my journal and looked over my goals for the trip. They had changed and molded around my experience but, like my photographs and video recordings, they could not explain everything I experienced during my time in that wonderful country. I thought about what I had accomplished and how hard it would be to write most of it down.

After putting up my photos on Flickr and beginning my scrapbook I feel like I am getting there, but I know there is still a lot left to do. I will be finishing my application to Peace Corps this month, including an essay based on my experience in the Costa Rica, and I will also be sharing my photos and thoughts with the Campbell University administration and students through presentations this month as well. However, maybe most importantly, I will be writing back to Costa Rica this month to say "hello" and "thank you" to all of my wonderful teachers and family.

When I look back on my goals and think about how they were achieved, I quickly lose sight of myself. The things I enjoyed, the people I met and the experiences I had were the result of the contributions of hundreds and thousands of individuals and to all of them I am very grateful.



Costa Rica, originally uploaded by Travis Hellstrom