January 7, 2009

Paper, Plastic or Mongolia?

One of the cool and random things about being in Mongolia is reading the things that are in English or are from America. I will have to start keeping track so I can make an awesome list of things, but one that I found today hit me close to home. For over a year in high school I worked down the road at my local CVS and, low and behold, years later I am holding a CVS bag on the other side of the world. I could write about being followed by my past no matter where I go, or about the craziness that is American capitalism and its influence on the world, or about how much I laughed when trying to explain to my coworkers that I used to work where this bag came from, but instead I am going to show you a picture show. It starts off simple, expands to me being weird, then going cross-eyed, making my infamous Ethan face ("where's the baggy claire?") and then taking the money shot...whatever that means. Enjoy it and remember, I may not be in America but fortunately (or unfortunately) America is everywhere. I'm gonna go drink some Coke...