April 25, 2010

Focus

Staying focused can be challenging, even an art. Whether you are meditating silently for 10 days straight or just trying to make it through the morning, distractions are everywhere. Everyone and everything seems to be fighting for our attention. I really like how Leo talks about it on ZenHabits and Minimalist, ultimately it's up to each of us to remember what we care about most and put our time, energy and focus into that. The people I admire the most do that in a superhuman way. They seem to always do what is best and most meaningful for their lives, whether they are running marathons, building banks, traveling around the world or writing a book or two. It's something I am trying very hard to practice every day and I appreciate the inspirations all around me, including the most incredible people I have ever met.