July 8, 2010

Exciting Move

I suppose one of the biggest challenges right now, for many Volunteers including myself, is transitioning through the end of our service. I will be extending for a third year as PCVL, but since I will not be at site in many ways this feels like leaving my home and starting all over again. I'm sure it will go well, but it's always a little uncertain when you start something new and you're not sure what to expect.

I look forward to next year, to helping the new and current Volunteers, in helping everyone improve our Peace Corps post, in celebrating the 50th anniversary of Peace Corps and the 20th anniversary of Peace Corps Mongolia and I also look forward to starting work with the World Health Organization and other great organizations in UB. It will be a certain change of pace for me (moving from the slower and easier pace of living in the countryside), but I think it can also be really enjoyable to be in the city with people who I love being around and to be engaged in work that is definitely worth doing. It's exciting and challenging at the same time.