January 19, 2011

Jack Tales

Jack Tales take me back to my childhood, to nights when my dad would tell my sister and I stories of a crazy guy named Jack who seemed to be the most clever person I had ever heard of. He was able to get himself into and out of the craziest situations: stumping the devil, outsmarting kings,  marrying princesses, befriending anyone he wanted, bringing down giants, and much more I just now beginning to rediscover. 

My dad just sent me a website with over a dozen free Jack Tales called iBiblio, a public archive and digital library created by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and I intend to learn them and tell them myself. After all, as an oral tradition, they are meant to be told from generation to generation. I'm excited to take part in that tradition myself.


You can join us and share your comments on Facebook here  
You can learn more about Advance Humanity here