February 15, 2011

TEDTalk Tuesday : Nigel Marsh on How To Make Work-Life Balance Work

Nigel's very honest and hilarious talk seems very apt for most people. He says, "Up until a few years ago I was the classic corporate warrior. I was eating too much, drinking too much, working too hard and generally neglecting my family. Then when I turned 40 I had an epiphany. I read a line in a book from St. Benedict that said "pause for a moment you wretched weakling and take stock of your miserable existence". I decided it was good advice for me at that stage of my life. I made a resolution to try and change my life - in every way. I gave up the booze, lost the weight and reconnected with my family. I started to 'make a life' rather than simply 'make a living'. It began me on a journey that I am still on to this day. I may be poorer than I was in my 'office days' but I have never been happier." I hope you enjoy it! (TED.com, YouTube)


You can comment on Facebook here  
You can learn more about Advance Humanity here