October 14, 2007

Five Years Out

Sometimes when Jonathan and I hang out we talk about our goals and ambitions in life and then we take to writing them down. A few days ago we started talking about where we would like to see ourselves five years out. Here are the ideas I wrote down. In five years I would like to:
  • Be a positive, reflective, engaged Returned Peace Corps Volunteer
  • Have spent at least two months in an Buddhist monastery
  • Be financially independent, responsible and creative
  • Be enrolled in/graduated from a graduate school program
  • Be accumulating assets through smart saving and investing
  • Be engaged in strong friendships I have continually appreciated
  • Have enjoyed the entire series of Lost for the second time
  • Have very few, but very important belongings that I love
  • Have a dog of my own