May 23, 2009

Always

My most wonderful sister in the world gets married in just a few hours and I could not be happier or more excited for her. She and her new husband (my new brother) Chess have been waiting for this day for a very long time and I am very glad to be here experiencing it with both of them. It is an occasion that has brought together everyone in our family, from grandparents to distant uncles, aunts and cousins, as well as friends that have been with us since kindergarten. We have all grown a lot since then, especially my sister who has grown from a sweet wonderful girl into a sweet wonderful woman. I'm sure a lot of thoughts will be going through the minds of everyone during the wedding tomorrow morning, but I think I can say with confidence what will be going through mine. As I stand next to our brother and fellow groomsman Elias, watching my sister and Chess join their hands in marriage, I will be about thinking this: how much I love her, how much I support her and how much I hope she will always be happy.