February 28, 2010

Say What You Need To Say

I am afraid to write what I really think. I used to say that I was afraid because I didn’t think people were ready to hear what I had to say, but that wasn’t true. The only person not ready was me. I was afraid of what people might think of me and how my relationships with people might change. I was afraid I wouldn’t live up to expectations. Life is too short. Too short for me not to be myself. I am still afraid, but I want to say what I think. I might not always be right but I want to be honest.

When we are honest with our emotions, however dark they may be,
We invite others to be real and to face their own pain.
And then real transformation can occur – that’s how we are going to fix this planet.


But when we suppress, when we are fake, we send a message out to others
that they need to be fake too and hold in their truth.
This is how things will remain the same.


Today, be real. You don’t need to be anyone else but who you are.
Being honest helps the rest of us find our truth.
Yehuda Berg