September 21, 2005

Worry, Worry, Worry

“Sometimes I worry, worry, worry – such responsibilities. But I try to turn that into more determination for Tibet and to carry the Buddhist teachings.” – The Dalai Lama

For me, I would replace the words Tibet and Buddhist teachings, maybe. Otherwise, however, that is quite a universally sound statement to make. We all have such responsibilities, such cause for worry, fuel for panic and reason for madness. Everyday we face challenges that we sigh under, yet we accomplish so many of them. Too often we accomplish 9 things during a day and focus squarely on the 1 we did not accomplish. Too regularly I evaluate myself on my failures and forget my accomplishments. Sometimes I worry, worry, worry. But what if I turned that into determination, purpose, focus, discipline, excitement and exhuberance? Well, that’s not even really a what if question, I do it so often. Why don’t I just do it every day? Ha, great question. Great question. Such responsibilities, such responsibilities.