June 18, 2008

Eyelashes

Maybe every culture has some quirky physical feature that they like for no good reason, I’m not sure. What I do know is that my host sister likes my eyelashes. I know, it’s weird for me too. Starting a couple of days ago when she drew out a picture ranking everyone’s eyelashes in the house, every time she mentions it I curl over laughing. The longer and curlier the better, it appears. By this criteria I rank first, she says, followed by her, her mom, her brother and her dad. It’s a compliment, so I smile when she mentions it but I definitely can’t stop myself from laughing. I have never heard of eyelashes being a significant physical feature, for guys especially, and it still catches me off guard. Maybe I just need to come to terms with it: I have attractive eyelashes. Nah...