January 3, 2007

Denzel Washington

I don't know what I was thinking. Somewhere in my journal writing over the years, I could have sworn I gave an Inner-Peace-A-Gram to Denzel Washington. Actually, I even thought I inaugurated the Inner Peace Award by giving one to the man. To my dismay, however, I have realized Denzel Washington was never sent an Inner-Peace-A-Gram nor was he ever officially given an Inner Peace Award (though I did write like he did). It is time to correct this vast oversight.

Denzel Washington (also known as Denzel Flippin' Washington and Denzel Freakin' Washington when I'm really excited) is a two-time Academy Award-winning actor, a rising director and a recent author. He has acted in over thirty films including: Deja Vu, Inside Man, The Manchurian Candidate, Man on Fire, Out of Time, Antwone Fisher, John Q, Training Day, Remember the Titans, The Hurricane, The Bone Collector, The Siege, He Got Game, Fallen, The Preacher's Wife, Courage Under Fire, Devil in a Blue Dress, Virtuosity, Crimson Tide, Philadelphia, The Pelican Brief, Much Ado About Nothing, Malcolm X, Mississippi Masala, Ritochet, Mo' Better Blues, Heart Condition, Glory, For Queen and Country, The Mighty Quinn, Cry Freedom, A Soldier's Story and Carbon Copy. Although I have only seen those films italicized, I plan on seeing them all. With few exceptions, Denzel Washington always provides an incredible demonstration of acting ability in all of his movies and he is a joy to watch on screen. Not only that but, from what I have seen of him off screen, he seems to be an incredible man in his personal life as well.

For his incredible past accomplishments, it is my honor and privilege to send an official Travis Hellstrom Inner-Peace-A-Gram to Denzel Flippin' Washington and to award him an honorary Inner Peace Award. I have no doubt your future accomplishments will continue to astound me. Thanks for being awesome Denzel, keep up the good work.