January 9, 2008

Imagine

"Congratulations! You've got some work to do..." I am excited, I won't lie, but Peace Corps gave me plenty to do right when I got my invitation a few weeks ago. I had to turn in my passport, fill out my Mongolian visa, answer a few questions for my aspiration statement and send in an updated résumé all within two weeks. Unofficially, I also needed to make a video and some journal entries too, so that took the rest of my time. It's all done now though, so I thought I would post it all up so you all could appreciate the sheer volume of my answers! Nah, if you don't want to look, I don't blame you.


On a side note, I received my iPod Touch last Thursday night and I love it! For all of you out there who are considering getting one, you won't be disappointed. I have all kinds of iPhone applications on it which are ridiculous (like Google Maps, Notes, Mail, Nintendo, and others) and it has been working great.


As an extra plus the case it came in featured John Lennon on the front with the song Imagine playing on the screen. I love that song and applaud Apple for their classy choice of a cover. The second journal entry I ever posted on this blog was simply the lyrics of Imagine. Before I opened the box I thought about the song, especially the line "Imagine all the people living life in peace." I imagine I'll think about that a lot in Peace Corps. Now for those lyrics, "Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can..."