January 18, 2008

Surprise!

As the number of views on my YouTube invitation video climb I know people are watching it, but I must say I was surprised when I received this e-mail from my Placement Officer at Peace Corps Headquarters yesterday:

Travis,

Well it finally trickled down to me. Your You Tube video is extremely touching. The entire Placement staff here at PC headquarters is watching it (some are chocked up even) and saying how cool it is. You made our day! I really hope you enjoy your time and are a productive volunteer. I’m glad to see you are genuinely excited about serving in Mongolia and wish you the best of luck. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions/concerns.

Sincerely,
Jason


I replied and told him I was glad that the staff found in enjoyable and motivating (not to mention that I was quite surprised it had made it all the way to them!). What they are doing really does make a difference in the lives of thousands of volunteers, I guess one of his invitees just happened to videotape it this time.